Joseph got into the tech / digital world because he was always fascinated by computers and technology. He remembers when he was a kid, he would spend hours playing computer games and learning how to code. He was always eager to learn new things about technology, and was excited about the possibilities that it offered.
As he got older, he realized that he wanted to make a career out of technology and then wanted to use his skills and knowledge to create something that would make a difference in the world. Passionate about technology because it has the power to change the world. It can be used to solve problems, improve lives, and create new opportunities. He believes that technology is a force for good, and he's excited to be a part of it.
His highlights includes:
* He is a member of prominent professional associations Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), and Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa (IITPSA).
* Was appointed to the IITPSA Programming Olympiad's Scientific Committee in November 2021. He has achieved notable accolades making me a recognized leader in the tech industry:
* With wards such as the 2022 continent-wide Africa Tech Rising Star Award (Winner) * 2022 prestigious TransUnion national Rising Star Award in the ICT sector in South Africa as the top 5 (Gold medal).
* Selected 2023 Obama Leader, actively participating in a network of innovative changemakers driving positive change in Africa and beyond.
* My current featuring in South Africa's leading tech magazine, highlights some of my views about AI!
* He co-founded Bus54, a mobility technology platform.
▪ AFRICA’s BRIGHTEST TECH STAR ARTICLE (2022): https://www.uwc.ac.za/about/alumni/news-events/uwc-alumnus-is-africas- brightest-tech-star
▪ AFRICA TECH FESTIVAL - Africa's Rising Star Award (2022): https://tmt.knect365.com/africa-tech-festival/awards-africas-rising-star/
▪ WINNER official page (2022): https://tmt.knect365.com/africa-tech- festival/awards/
▪ WINNER LinkedIn post (2022): https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6996414104160632832/
▪ BLACKBARK RISING STAR AWARDS (2022): https://awards.risingstar.co.za/2022- finalists/
▪ AWARD LinkedIn Post (2022): https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6989151469413220352/
▪ IITPSA SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE NOMINATION (2021): https://www.iitpsa.org.za/iitpsa-member-joseph-lumbahe-appointed-to-the- scientific-committee-of-the-iitpsa-programming-olympiad/
▪ Bus54 published on Techcabal: https://techcabal.com/2022/08/05/bus54- intercity-travel/#:~:text=his%20co%2Dfounder%2C-,Joseph%20Lumbahe,- %2C%20initially%20wanted%20to
▪ Bus54 partnership with Cornerstone: https://inspenonline.com/photo- gallery/ceremonies/insurance/cornerstone-insurance-partners-bus54-to- provide-seamless-travel-experience-for-passengers/
▪ Bus54 & Joseph: https://bus-54.com/blog/112/interview-with-our-co-founder- and-cto ▪ OBAMA LEADER (2023): https://www.obama.org/africa-2023/
▪ Joseph in SA TECH MAGAZINE (2023):
The best way to predict the future is to create it. - Peter Drucker
To all the South African geeks out there, I say this: never give up on your dreams. The tech industry is a rapidly growing and changing field, and there are endless opportunities for those who are willing to work hard and be creative. If you have a passion for technology, don't let anyone tell you that you can't achieve your goals.
South Africa has a wealth of talent in the tech industry, and I believe that we have the potential to be a global leader in this field. I encourage you to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the world. We need more South African geeks who are passionate about using technology to solve problems and improve lives.
I believe that the future of South Africa is bright, and I'm excited to see what the next generation of South African geeks will accomplish. So go out there and make it happen!
- Joseph Lumbahe